Thursday, November 3, 2011

Baller

        Today I flew to work.  That's right- I flew...in a plane.  It would have been a lot cooler if I hadn't flown to Pasco, WA.  Not that I don't love Pasco, but it would have been a lot more baller if our hospital had an outreach clinic in, say, Vegas.  Oh well.  I still felt PRE-tty important.  How did your day go, Nicole?  Oh it went awesome, thank you.  I flew to the Tri-Cities and back, and we had Pizza Hut for lunch.  Disgusting, you say?  Don't hate me cause you ain't me.

This isn't from today, but it's a cool airplane picture

        What we need to talk about is the free booze they pass out on Horizon flights.  I got carded by the flight attendant, which would have been flattering if it was a longer flight.  In this case, however, it was just annoying because it is only a 45 minute flight. What I needed was to get drinking, not waste time digging around my purse for my driver's license.  Also, I am not that old. Annoying.  Irritating as it was, I didn't want the secret federal air marshal on the plane to taze my ass, so I didn't get crazy.  What I really hated was the part when the flight attendant took my wine before I was finished because the plane was landing.  (P.S.- not a good enough reason- you never take a drink out of a lady's hand. Right, Sarah Phillips?)
Do not disturb

Once again, not wanting to get tazed, I begrudgingly handed my plastic cup- still 1/4 full with a decent Merlot, might I add- back to that fool.  There probably wasn't even a secret air marshal on that flight.   Please tell me wasted wine doesn't let the terrorists win.

         As I was skimming through some of my previous blog entries the other night, I noticed I talk fair amount about getting old, drinking, and the possibility of getting tazed.  Maybe this blog should be called blazed not tazed?  Perhaps when I grow up, I will revise my subject matter.  Probably not, though.  I mean, if I was going to grow up, wouldn't I have done it by now?

        I have to tell you this, people.  Today was smarter not harder.  Flew to work.  Pizza party lunch.  Sky high wine bar.  Oh, and the best part- the two best parts, really- I did not work out today, and we had Chinese food delivered for dinner.  Love this day.


*Addendum* It was brought to my attention by a concerned friend, that I should have mentioned the Chinese food was ordered on my iPad at the Pasco airport.  It was delivered mere minutes after the town car dropped me off at home.  How smart is that?!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment