Monday, November 21, 2011

Prime Suspect

        What I am obsessed with now...
Garmin Forerunner 610
        It tells you how fast you are running, how far you have run, and it has a virtual racer that you can, you know, race against.  Do I hate myself a little bit for wanting such a geeky training accessory?  Yes.  It's just that I need it to stop being slow.  Oh, also!  Let me just quote you something from the advertisement for this little gem of a watch, "It's time for a sport watch that can help you train smarter, not harder, and the 610 can do just that."  How am I just finding out about this now?!  So obvi the watch for me.

        Okay, now that's out of the way,  I have to tell you guys something.  I think there is a killer living three doors down from me.  Granted, he doesn't exactly look like a killer, but that's precisely what my neighbors will say once the news crew shows up to film the chalk outline of a dead body on our hallway floor.
Killer?! But he was such a nice guy....


         How do I know he's a killer if he doesn't look like a killer, you ask?  Duh.   Well first of all, he started talking to me in front of the elevator.   I know, right?  What. a. pyscho.  Second of all, I was carrying Kittles in her little cat carrier to the groomer, and he asked me her name.  Cree-py.  Am I the only one who saw Dexter: Season 4?  This is almost exactly how the Trinity Killer interacts with a suburban house wife right before he forces her to jump out the upper deck of an abandoned warehouse so it looks like a suicide!  He was just trying to make friendly small talk so I wouldn't see the murder coming. Well, I see the murder coming all right.  

Granted, he kind of looks like a killer
        Also, he lives in a studio apartment, alone.  (Reference any Dexter episode to know that a middle aged man living alone is a sure fire way to spot a killer.)  Fine, maybe my neighbor looks more like a 23 year old college kid studying engineering, than a forty seven year old living in a plastic lined apartment to keep blood from seeping into the hallway. However, that doesn't necessarily prove anything, except that this fool has an excellent disguise.

        Finally, a few days after our initial meeting at the elevator, I was unlocking my apartment door, when out of nowhere, I heard, "How's Lola?" It was the scary killer who appeared down the hall (feigning a simple entrance into his own studio of terror, no doubt.)  "Hehehe" I nervously laughed, "she's good... welp,  see ya!" SLAM. LOCK. Phew, I barely made it into my apartment before I was sleeping with the fishes.  Forget a Persian cat, I need some kind of an attack dog.
No one would mess with this  guy

I am so dead
        There is only one clue that suggests he is simply, in fact, a friendly person rather than a psychopath.
This is his door mat
        I'm still sleeping with one eye open, just in case.

       


     

2 comments:

  1. Nard Dog. You make me laugh so much. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually peeing myself laughing! Can't handle Gail. Can't handle!
    Ps. I want that watch too. :)

    ReplyDelete