Monday, October 24, 2011

The unsung Trophy Wife

        First of all, the Green Bay Packers are 7-0 this season.  Obvi.  Now that I have that great news off my bust, we can move on.

        Tonight Eric convinced me to go out to dinner. I have to say, I really didn't want to go.  I ate like shit last week.  I was determined to make a nice, healthy soup for dinner after my four mile speed work run this evening.  I guess I wasn't determined enough because I ended up beers deep at the Tap House downtown.  I'm not complaining.  How can you complain when your significant other pays for dinner and beer, and all you have to do is watch the world series and Monday night football at the same time?  Nailed it!

        While I had really wanted to eat healthy for the remainder of this week, I ended up two Ichibans, sushi, popcorn shrimp, and a steak salad later, and thought, "Epic Fail, Warwick."  (I know I am an Engel now, but I still think of myself with my maiden name when spouting reverse pep-talks about over-consumption of fried food and hops.)  Operation "Sextastic" out the window...

we're fighting


        Okay, so do I want to look like that?  Duh.  Who wouldn't? Do I want to eat (or not eat) like she does in order to look that way? Shit no.  Lesson of the day:  Skinny people aren't just naturally skinny.  Those little bastards like to pretend they eat cheeseburgers and drink beer all the time, but I guarantee you that for every cheeseburger they eat, there are ten 3 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts that last those assholes for the remainder of the year.  So don't feel bad, normal people, when some skinny fool tries to make you think it's easy to be skinny.  It's not!  If you want to look like a movie star, you either have to work out and/or diet in excess (according to the 'smarter not harder' philosophy, anyway.) 

        This puts those of us who like to work smart at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to looking hot.  What's an average gal to do?

First of all, take off those sunglasses


"When in doubt, pinky out" -Sponge Bob Square Pants
        I still wish I could effortlessly turn into a size 2, but to be honest, I would rather have a beer or a cupcake.  Screw it, I would rather have a beer and a cupcake.  Not to say that maybe there are people out there who would rather be skinny than, say, enjoy life- I mean eat carbs- I mean... But [to a point] that's okay too.  Find what makes you happy and do it!  I am personally much happier on a full stomach.  Whatever you do, try to work smarter not harder- just love what you've got and work it instead of wasting time hating Cameron Diaz.  (I have done enough of that to cover all of us.)  Life's too short to pass up a cupcake when you want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment