Wednesday, October 12, 2011

SaCURRity!

        Well, since I am thirty today, I thought I should live it up.  I promptly woke up and got my teeth cleaned by the lovely Pat at Roosevelt Dental- obvi.  Pat is the only person I will let near my grill.  She is the sweet lady to the left of orange turtleneck.


Good Morning! 

        Next stop: Starbucks.  My coffee maker broke yesterday.  (Emergency! I know, right?)  I gave some kid sitting outside SBUX 80 cents because apparently, I look like [and am] a sucker.  I felt bad lying about not having change, and I figured he probably wouldn't be able to by crack for so little money.  At least not much crack anyway...

        The next place on my list was the office of Social Security Administration in the International District- or as I like to call it, the I.D.  As is nearly always the case with government offices, there was a choice selection of humanity on display for people watching.  This included, but was certainly not limited to the hard ass security guard (complete with flat top hair cut- duh.) I would have loved to snap a picture of this freak, but I was afraid of getting tazed and having my phone confiscated.   He did bear a striking resemblance to Kevin James...


        I like to say "SaCURRity" like Anjelah Johnson  does in the MAD TV Bon Qui Qui skit.  I didn't want to try it out on the SaCURRity guard in the office, though.  Again, afraid of getting tazed, and also,  he kept regaling us with tales of putting his knee in people's heads if they looked at him "crazy."  I always look a little crazy, so I just kept my eyes down and my comments to myself.
How not to look if you want to remain un-tazed

        Turns out, changing your name on all your cards and identifying documents is kind of a big deal, as well as a serious pain in the ass.    That's what I get for gettin' hitched.

Good thing he's cute

        Now I am just stone cold kickin' it here with Kittles.  I have a short run to get in some time before E gets home.  Last run before the 1/2 this weekend in Leavenworth- eeks!  We are going to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner tonight, Buenos Aires.  The steak is to die, the staff is fabulous, and they have a killer wine list.  I like going on the weekends because they also have live tango dancing.  And why wouldn't they? It's awesome.  Anyhoo, no tango dancing tonight- just steak and wine.  Nailed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment