Sunday, October 14, 2012

Whoever Said Money Can't Buy Happiness Must Have Been Super Poor

        It happened.  I had a birthday, and now I'm old again. I'm really hoping I don't end up looking like the Britney Spears that has been appearing on X Factor, lately.  (I think we're the same age. Our similarities end there, of course. She has the millions of dollars that can't buy enough cover up to hide the alcoholic-esque splotchy face, and me with my thousands of dollars that can't buy enough over-priced work out gear at Lululemon...)  Poor Britney.

No thanks.

        Speaking of Lululemon, Rico got me a gift card to the Hundred Dollar Store for my birthday.  Smart man.  In addition, we went to Tulio, an Italian restaurant, with some friends (who also gave me a Lulu gift card!)  Prosecco, handmade pasta, and good company- nailed it.  What a way to ring in the ol' 31st year.  Oh, then we went to Molly Moon's and I had a salted caramel "Lil' Sundae" (which is not little at all, by the way, nor does it adhere to Skinny Rules.)  Amaze-balls.

The Antipasti Platter at Tulio.  Yep, it happened.


       As if that wasn't enough excitement, my good buddy got married on Saturday night.  It was a beautiful wedding, and there was plenty of wine  (qualifiers not necessarily listed in order of importance- obvi.)  


In my mind, we were both making fun, happy-wedding-type faces in this photo.  I now see the bride is afraid of me, while the groom looks on with pure disdain for the fool in the gold shrug.

        I was all set to do some serious mom-dancing, but the dance didn't start until about 10pm.  What am I- on spring break?  I had already partaken in too many mini-sliders, too much wine, and a giant piece of chocolate pie.  By the time dancing started, I was in a self-induced food/wine coma and all the mom dance I had in me was stuck between my ribs.  Eric saw disaster about to strike and got us a cab home.  I am pretty sure I was in bed by 11pm, but not before I chugged some Alka-Seltzer, and washed my face.  What? Good skincare is important to a youthful appearance.  Maybe dinner and Molly Moon's Friday night was all the excitement a 31 year old Nicole could handle?  

There was a photo booth at the wedding.  This is the best picture I could find...yeah.
        Will somebody please warn me if I start to look like Britney Spears? That's all I ask.  Although, I think we all need to be really worried if Eric starts to resemble K Fed...

With and without Britney- it's all bad.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment