Monday, February 6, 2012

A Banana Omen

        I got out of my friend's car for our after work run around Lake Union, and nearly killed myself by slipping on a banana peel.  Seriously?  I thought that only happened in cartoons.

O'Doyle, I gotta feeling your whole family's going down

        It looked like a full moon tonight, so I started thinking this was a really bad banana omen.  (The true full moon is tomorrow night- I checked the lunar calendar- consider yourselves warned.)  I will admit, it was a strange run, nonetheless.  Normally, I am the one wheezing along, ready to shank anyone lurking in the foliage (I take no exception to killer rats.) Yet, my running buddy trots along oblivious, and light as a feather.  Tonight, I felt pretty good, and did not notice the two "hicks" who looked at us "weird."  It was probably the one run in an eon that said running buddy was
     
        a) not completely and utterly kicking my ass all the way around the lake, and
        b) noticing more killers than Yours Truly.

        Come on, we all know I am an expert at spotting a secret killer.
        We had planned to walk the second half of the lake, but since Katie's radar went up when she saw those fools, and I left my best shank at home, we had to haul balls for another two miles just to be safe.  I would be lying if I told you we weren't looking over our shoulders a little bit after that...literally.  No joke- we looked ridiculous.  Then Katie started telling me some legit scary stories about solo runs at night.  I would never run by myself at night because I have always been a huge freak.  Now, I also turn other people into equally huge freaks by propagating my Sherlock Holmes - like paranoia.

genius


        I had a friend point something out to me over the weekend,  "If you look around a room, and have to wonder who the freak is... you're the freak."  It's weird, I kept looking over my shoulder on this run, wondering where those killer freaks were, but I couldn't see any one behind me.
       
Who is this freak?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment