Monday, December 12, 2011

Oh Heyyyyyyyy

        Do you ever think to yourself,  "It's difficult being so fabulous?"  It crosses my mind about 8 times per day.  I bet Aaron Rodgers is too good of a person to think that.  However, if anyone was to have a self commentary on one's own fabulousness, I feel he could justify it because he's freaking rad.  13-0 baby!  P.S. Can we stop talking about who the bigger story is on ESPN?  Tim Tebow could not generate enough stock sales to pay for an addition to Mile High.  Just sayin'.
Oh heyyyyyyy
        I would like to think I am smooth enough to have the wherewithal to say, "Oh heyyyyyy" should I ever run in to Aaron Rodgers.  Unfortunately, any minimal brush with a B-list celebrity, and I am even more of a freak show than usual.

        For instance, one time Eric and I saw Casey Kotchman (I'll get to who that is in a minute, but as most Mariners' acquisitions go he was an unmemorable part of a losing season) at the Tap House down town.  At the time, he had just signed with the Mariners to play first base, and we had recently seen him at Fan Fest.  I spotted him before Eric did, and I (big surprise) couldn't get my words out.  I started pointing and sputtering as he walked past, and both he and Eric thought I was having a seizure.  Finally, he was halfway up the stairs when I blurted out, "That's the dude!"  Serious?   At the very least it was a mini fail - so uncool, and he's not even a big deal!  (No offense, Casey, if you are reading this, but you're no Albert Pujols.)  I am not putting in a link for you to find out who Albert Pujols is.  If you don't know, we're fighting.

       No, I don't know what I would do if I ever saw Aaron Rodgers in real life, but I can tell you what my brother did...BOOM.  It's true.

        So the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, he walks through the ol' Austin Straubel International (Green Bay airport) sliding glass doors, and a crowd starts clapping.   This is the best part of the story to me:  he thinks to himself, "Weird, but I'll go with it." Awesome.  Oddly, enough, the round of applause wasn't for him; he turned around, and there was A-Rodge.  I like to picture the scene with a white light appearing from a magical cloud from above, doves flying, and a choir of angels singing a single perfect, "Aaaaaaah!"

        One thing I can assure you of, is that Ben played it cool.  Let's be honest, I would have wound up tazed and served with an official document stating I am not allowed with in 500 yards of Lambeau Field for  an infinity.  Strong work on staying taze free, bro.  I will let that be a lesson to me.
Miller Lite in front of Miller Park- nailed it.

   

     

        

No comments:

Post a Comment