Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The first Blog

        Working smarter not harder became a life motto for me when I got my first job as an RN.  If you go to nursing school (as opposed to, say, medical school) you are off to a great start at working smarter.  I'm not saying nurses don't work hard- we do! I am simply sharing what medical professionals have known for years: nurses are smarter than doctors.  Duh.
This is me disgruntled because I am working harder not smarter



 The only problem I have encountered with my life philosophy thus far is that I never seem to be the best at anything.  Don't be fooled; I am well above average, but I wasn't the valedictorian in high school- obvi.

Smart, right?

        Of course, the smarter not harder philosophy applies to health and fitness as well.  Basically, I love to eat.  I work out so I can eat tons of food, yet not weigh a million pounds.  I don't work out because I like it.  I like a work out once it's over!  Imagine my surprise when I signed myself up for my first half marathon.  That doesn't just sound like working harder- it sounds like working a lot harder.  I'll be honest, I sort of hate myself for doing this.  In my defense, however, the race is in Leavenworth, WA...during Oktoberfest.  Hello! Beer and bratwurst are the only two motivators that could get me to run 13.1 miles.


        If you are a slightly above average Joe (or Josephina) then this blog is for you!  Join me in tales of food, work, and exercise as they relate to a daily dose of working smarter not harder.

1 comment: