Friday, September 30, 2011

Cupcakes and cat pee

         Today was a glorious day of working smart.  I...well, I suppose I did get up at 0640 to go to pilates. But that is just because I like to eat, and my husband and I are going out with my pilates instructer and his wife tonight to the Zig Zag Cafe.  It is actually way too cool of a place for me, but it's dark inside, so I can kind of  blend into the shadows.  They have drinks with names like "Champs Elysees" and "One Legged Duck" - clearly out of my league considering my most sophisticated drink order is a dirty martini.  Unfortunately, as wonderful as my workout was this morning, I don't think it even begins to cover the amount of calories about to be consumed.
Extra Dirty
        I later had a perfectly romantic idea that I would come home at 3pm, blog, and eat a stupendous red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting.  Maybe I would even have a cup of afternoon coffee- who knew? The possibilities were endless.  Then I smooshed cream cheese frosting all over my e-brake.  Some people might have considered licking the frosting off the e-brake...not me, just some people.  I then couldn't get the cupcake box shut, and the blasted thing was staring me in the face, taunting me.  I ate it right there in the parking garage, and got red velvet cake crumbs all over myself like  a disgusting human being.  I'm not sorry, either.

        Needless to say, my picture perfect blogging session didn't pan out when I got home, since half of my plan had been eaten.  Also, the apartment was- and is- a total disaster.  Eric and I watched a movie on the fold out couch last night, and it was still undone.  I thought I would start sprucing things up, so I started to put the couch back together.  That's when I saw it.  Cat pee on the hide-a-bed mattress.  Balls.

Kittles, you asshole

How can something so cute, ruin my life so much?  Now all I can smell is pee.  I guess it's time for a drink I can't pronounce at Zig Zag.

No comments:

Post a Comment