Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Wedding!

        We had the great pleasure of ringing in the new year at our dear friends', Carly and Joe's, wedding.  I have to get sentimental for a minute, and tell you that it was beautiful.  

I know, right?
        The best part- aside from them pledging unending love to each other in front of all their family and friends- was that they had a raw oyster bar (YUM) and not just champagne (which is obviously for commoners and French people,) but my favorite- Prosecco!

So much fancier than plain Jane champagne



        The bad news was that my other good friend who attended the wedding with us was totally pregnant and could not enjoy either of these amazing New Years wedding treats.

She wasn't this happy totally sober on New Year's
        It was perfect for those of us choosing to imbibe at the wedding, though- built in DD! Obvi.  Thanks for being pregnant, Ems.

        The next morning, in keeping with our New Year's Day tradition, we had brunch with Jesse and Emily (said pregnant friend and her husband) at this super little restaurant, The Fork.  My only mistake was that I didn't wear sweatpants, which is surprising because, as many of you know, I wear them as often as possible. In fact, I have certain friends with whom I will only have dinner at their homes if I can wear sweatpants.  Ironically, I didn't wear sweatpants because I figured Emily would wear something classier. (She is one of my classier friends.)  She wore hers because she figured I would wear mine.  It was kind of like the time she dressed like a ho when we were in Vegas because she thought I was going to ho it up.  Turns out I wore mom jeans.

Classic mom jeans mix up (trust me, they're there)

      I didn't make any resolutions (except maybe a subconscious vow to wear sweatpants more and mom jeans less,) but I had a great New Year's Eve with Eric and good friends.  We danced, ate, and drank the night away in celebration of true love (yes I am a sap sometimes.)  I can't think of a better way to start 2012.  

       


       
       




1 comment:

  1. Oooooooooooooooo yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I love you Nik Nik! My sappy smoosh face cried a bit when I saw you got sentimental at the wedding!! My memories of you from that night were as follows: you and I standing on the outskirts of the dance circle during "Single Ladies" and your hilarious sassy face glaring at me. When I asked you what happened, you said "Someone just had the NERVE to push me off the dance floor for this song" I shook my head and knew, within seconds, you would find your way out there to bust it. Aaaaaaand you did not let me down.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete